Mark T. Burke a series of posts about flipping his music classroom. While he is focusing on the music classroom, this information has wide application across all areas of study.
Burke says what he likes about the flipped classroom model includes:
- The teacher role is strengthened.
- Time is used more efficiently.
- Peer learning is employed to a great degree.
- Project based learning is integrated more easily.
- The lecture is put to rest (Amen!)
- Technology is used for a real purpose.
- Knowledge transfer is the core of the learning process.
- Creativity is given time within the instructional process.
- Kids practice becoming stronger independent learners.
- Assimilation of information can be witnessed.
The three posts are available below: