This is a post from the “Tip of the Week” series by Richard Lyons which is no longer available, although it is archived on Internet Archive’s Way Back Machine. Below this is a link to the full original tip at Internet Archive.
Bringing Your Course To An Effective Conclusion
As the term enters its last few weeks, it is common for some students to demonstrate signs of fatigue and a loss of momentum. Telltale signs might include:
- Arriving late to class, often in a flustered state;
- Missing one or more classes when their previous attendance was exemplary;
- Failing to meet due dates for assignments;
- Being under-prepared for in-class assignments;
- Submitting assignments that don’t meet their previous standards, and/or yours;
- A decline in mental engagement and participation in classroom discussions;
- A decline in spontaneity and/or sense of humor.