This infographic looks at some of the leading pedagogues from the past. Those listed on the graphic are:
- Lev Vygotsky is a behaviourist theorist and was behind the popular carrot-and-stick concept in education.
- Jean Piaget is much reputed for his theory of children’s cognitive development which posits that the cognitive abilities of kids grow gradually passing from one stage to the other.
- Brumer’s insights have tremendously helped the subsequent education theorists in understanding the perceptive abilities of learners and its correlation with the learning motivation.
- Bloom is best know for “Bloom’s Taxonomy” which he developed together with other educators to provide teachers with a thinking continuum to help them define how well a skill or competency is learned or mastered.
- Gardner’s ground breaking theory of multiple intelligences has shed more light on the different mental dispositions students possess and the relation of these dispositions with learning styles.
- Erikson’s theory of psychosocial development serves as the roadmap for a better understanding of the social growth of individuals.
Please follow and like us: