This infographic from readinghorizons.com provides these seven tips to increase student engagement in your classroom:
- Use the 10:2 Method: For every 10 minutes of instruction, allow students two minutes to process and respond to instruction.
- Incorporate Movement Into Your Lessons
- Pick Up the Pace: Researchers have found that teaching at a brisk instructional pace provides students with more opportunities to engage, respond, and move on to the next concept.
- Provide frequent and effective feedback.
- Allow students 5-7 seconds of “think time” when asking a question.
- Have Students Use the 3-2-1 Method of Summarizing: At the end of a lesson, have students record three things they learned, two interesting things, and one question they have about what was taught. Allow time to share their thoughts with a peer.
- Periodically Pause Mid-Sentence: Require student to fill in the blanks.
Please follow and like us: