This Faculty Focus Special Report puts together some of the best articles from the Teaching Professor newsletter on the topic of student participation and classroom discussion. The following articles are included in the report.
- Assessing Class Participation: One Useful Strategy
- Participation Blues from the Student Perspective
- Roll the Dice and Students Participate
- Those Students Who Participate Too Much
- Teaching How to Question: Participation Rubrics.
- Student Recommendations for Encouraging Participation
- Is There a Place for Games in the College Classroom?
- Discouraging Over Participators
- Putting the Participation Puzzle Together
- To Call On or Not to Call On: That Continues to Be the Question
- Creating a Class Participation Rubric
- It Costs to Cut Class
The pdf of the report is available here.